The Georgia Tech (GT) ADVANCE program takes continuing action - in initiatives, practices, and policies - to enable a workplace that is equitable, diverse, and excellent. The GT ADVANCE program is supported by the GT Offices of the Provost and the Vice President for Institute Diversity.
As Ivan Allen College (IAC) ADVANCE Professor, my aim is to make equity, diversity, and excellence in the College and Institute key to the institutional success and stature of Georgia Tech. This IAC electronic Network of Women Faculty is in that spirit. The web site is a means of profiling IAC women faculty, and supporting networks of information, collaboration, mentoring, and exchange.
It is an honor and privilege to help foster the success of faculty through:
1) Mentoring: IAC ADVANCE focused luncheon discussions on topics such as gender and policy, and developing faculty members' research programs; and cross-college ADVANCE Workshops and Town Halls that support mentoring and faculty development.
2) Communication, information, and exchange: including the IAC Advance website and our active Listserve.
3) Transparency: Support of clear guidelines for transparency in reappointment, promotion, and tenure; and accessible and transparent means toward the advancement.
4) Equity, diversity, and excellence: in our key practices, including hiring.
5) Strengthened and expanded work-family initiatives: including the GT daycare center which has doubled in its capacity in the past year.
You - our IAC women faculty - are an exceptionally talented and generous team. We stand together toward ever enhanced advancement of faculty in the College and Institute.